Old 23-10-2008, 01:31 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default the week before Halloween

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 06:38:14 EDT, wrote:

koi pond. So I ripped all the netting off to uncover the pond. by this time of year
the water celery has grown out over the netting and covers the back half of the pond.
http://tinyurl.com/5jo6o7 so I had to cut all the water celery with DH hauling at
the netting.

Sounds like a chore, but glad you didn't find a bird.

Got a message yesterday from a lady in the neighborhood a few streets up
from mine. The raccoon(s) were visiting her this summer also so she netted.
The other night the raccoon(s) ripped the netting and took her last and
largest butterfly koi and left evidence that it was quite the struggle.

So far, hot wire is working well here, as long as they don't visit during
the day light hours. Course now.... I have it screened, hot wired and the
motion sprinkler still on. Triple protection. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us