Old 23-10-2008, 09:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default garlic

wrote in message
I've read that garlic head need to be cold-soaked before planting to
make them grow cloves instead of one big onion-like bulb. Most of my
garlic (not chilled) did not produce multiple cloves but these big
masses. Can anybody confirm/deny the need to refrigerate the garlic?

I bung a clove of standard garlic in the ground and it produces true to its
parent. Some elephant garlic cloves produced another clove but I understand
if I plant it the following autumn it will produce a mass of cloves.

rob