Old 23-10-2008, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Conservatory plant advice.

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

It depends on what's wanted - is it ornamental, fruit, scent, colour? I
would suggest Thunbergia greggii for a climber or one of the Passifloras.
For scent, there's Daturas or Araujia sericifera or Impatiens tinctoria or
Hedychium Samsheri. She could grow a Meyer's lemon or some lovely Muscat
grapes.

Few of those will like 50 Celsius, though, if they are to live inside
in the summer in pots. Quite a few plants are happy with air
temperatures of 50, but not many are with soil ones of that.

Our conservatory does better, but we put a LOT of effort into its
ventilation (blowing the minds of the conservatory people and
builders). I looked at both Cambridge botanic garden and Kew to
see what the Victorians did about the problem :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.