Old 10-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Kevin Miller

Default Keeping critters away - sprinkler motion sensors

They are the Scarecrow brand... Here's a few tips I've also learned
with them

1. Turn the pressure down on the hose... I'm sure that helps with
'stressing' the mechanism

2. Don't let the sun beat on it all summer, find a way to shield it
somehow (plastic gets brittle from sun/heat)

3. I've found deer do actually get trained away... Don't use them all
the time. When the deer do come back - they will eventually - I put
them back out

I found one for $15.. It was like finding gold!!! Watch Ebay as
well...

What actually broke on yours? I was thinking about puting a steel
head on mine

Kevin

One more thing...

I never thought in million years that this would work BUT I ran
fishing line about 2 ft. high along the deer path and I haven't seen
any signs of deer for a month i.e. poop, tracks, etc.

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:21:06 GMT, Gary Flynn wrote:

Kevin Miller wrote:
I haven't had any problems with mine... I made a little spike thing
to put it on because it always worked it's way out of the soil. The
only issue I have is you need two for both sides of a garden (it
doesn't work thru, say, a large tomato plant)

What brand is it? When mine worked, it was effective and
if I can find one that is reliable, I'd certainly buy
another.

Besides, its fun to tell guests while your cooking on the
grill, "Yea, go ahead on out and take a look at the garden"