Old 10-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Andrew G

Default simplest composting

"telstra" wrote in message
I oiund the best way to run a compost heap was to take kitchen scraps

grass
clippings and with a small shovel bury them in the ground and each time
picking pick a different spot.making sure to add water.

the end result is the soil and worms break down the vegetable matter even
whole grapefriut and orange peels (normally hard to deal with) No compost
rotating /turning or adding things like lime.The soil in the plot becomes
very rich great for spreading on garden elsewhere.

simple?
stan

Yup it is pretty easy huh?
My parents used to do that, put all the scraps into a plastic bag outside in
the shade and after a while when they started to smell a little they would
bury them.
I now do the same. It's much simpler than using a composting pile, and as
the soil here is mostly black sand it does wonders. I do it straight into my
gardens.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply