Old 24-10-2008, 10:06 PM
ninak ninak is offline
Registered User

Default advice on these bamboo Moso, Bambusa, Dendrocalamus, etc.

Hi. I recently bought and have begun to germinate various bamboo seeds. They a
Bambusa textilis - Weavers bamboo
Himalayacalamus falconeri
Dendrocalamus membranaceus
Bambusa lako - Timor black bamboo
Dendrocalamus strictus
Phyllostachys pubescens - Moso

The Moso was the first I planted and they have since germinated and I have three new seedlings. I am finding it very hard to find info on growing these bamboo in this part of the world. I am in Galway on the west coast of Ireland. I have just planted the other seeds so we will see how we get on. I am looking for advice from anyone who has grown these bamboo in the British Isles? Any help would be appreciated.