Old 25-10-2008, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default What garden lighting?

On 24/10/08 17:55, in article
, "Rusty Hinge 2"
wrote:

The message
from Richy Rich contains these words:

Hi everyone,

Hi

Im new here and would really appreciate some help!

That's what we do best...

Basically, after spending to much money getting our garden
re-landscaped about 3 months ago I'd really like to add some character
for evening use.

I don't know if anyone has any advice but our garden designer
recommended some lighting & in particular a brand called Hunza...

Nice apricots...

The lights certainly look very nice but I was really wandering what
everyone thought about them? Are they worth the money?

Sort-of nouveau riche to naff, IMO

He showed me this site:
www.engineeringwithlight.com - has anyone used
it or brought from here?

Any advice is very much appreciated!!!

Why put lights in at all?

If you're in anything like a rural area the sky is *AWESOME*

If in town/suburbia, there's too much feral light already.

I'm with Rusty on this. I love a clear night sky with nothing to diminish it
and if you're living in an area that doesn't have that - well, don't add to
it. OTOH, if you're expecting a lovely warm summer next year, I think I'd
go for candles, storm lanterns, braziers - things that are used when needed
and then doused. IMO, these are both more tasteful and more full of real
character rather than 'artful' lights placed among stones and ponds and
designed to look like rocks. Natural is good, IMO.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com