Old 25-10-2008, 12:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Artful Dodger Artful Dodger is offline

Default Oh, as for gardening

On Oct 24, 3:08*pm, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:
Plants are dead or dying from frost. *As Gibbons said, "Time for the
meat course." *I'm hunting.

Be sure to wear an orange vest!

Hey, not all plants are "dead or dying from frost". Many parts of the
country, including mine -- So. Calif coastal -- people plant all
year. That's what I was wondering about -- haven't heard from
Calif, Fla, etc. growing zones.

I have radishes, spinach, beets, green onions, tomatoes, and
strawberries
in various stages of growth. Just planted snap pea seeds. Hope
they're still fresh.
I used to wait too long to see if seeds would germinate.
Now, won't wait so long.

Tomorrow, putting in more seeds -- bok choy, more spinach, snap peas
-- if it isn't too hot to work outside after 9-10 o'clock**. The
garden work day is getting shorter & shorter.
After Hallowe'en when they take away Daylight Saving, it gets dark-
ish by 5:-ish
-- in December 4:30-ish.
HATE the short days!

** We have been having real Global Warming weather. Now, in late
October, we
are getting more heat than usual in a week or so during July-August.
Everything is ****-ed
up. Hardly any rain last year. Hope we get some this year! Plants
need a drink
of real water.