Old 25-10-2008, 03:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R[_4_] Bill R[_4_] is offline

Default NG is so quiet!

Artful Dodger wrote:
On Oct 24, 3:06 pm, Bill wrote:
In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Artful Dodger wrote:
Hardly anybody posting. Is it the change in seasons? The advent of
(sob) the early dark? Or -- the elections?
For me its not the elections. This is the "off season" for gardening
and there isn't much to post.
Also, this news group has gone WAY down hill in the last few years. At
one time it was "all gardens all the time". Now there is so much off
topic stuff that it isn't worth reading most of the time.

Yeah, what happened to all the regulars? I miss you, folks; give a
sign of life!
More off topic stuff.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/mihaly_csikszentmihalyi_on_flow.html

Bill going up hill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

I used to post at least weekly in this newsgroup (more often during the
growing season) but I got feed up with all the "newbies" who seem to
think that this is a "anything goes" news group. I read this group for
gardening discussions, NOT all the off topic stuff that now seems to be
the daily normal. When I tried to get this group back to gardening (by
asking people not to post all the political or other stuff) I got bashed
for it so I (mostly) stopped posting. Life is too short to fight with
all the people who think that they have the right to discuss anything
that they want here. There are much better ways to spend my time. All
the "off topic" people can have this group. I've given up on it.
--
Bill R.

e-mail address disguised to reduce spam