Old 25-10-2008, 10:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default How to "Take Out" Hosta

In article ,
Puddin' Man wrote:

Midwest US.

What to do with a plot of hosta at end of season?

We get frost next week. If I leave 'em, they'll turn to mush?

Cut 'em off at ground level now?

Thx,

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc

Hosta die back and come back. Voles -Moles may vary your mileage. If
you have a plant that you want perhaps a small wire fence protection
aka work is in order. I do some but let most deal with the habitat.

Bill

PS Mature plants like to be split apart.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA