Old 26-10-2008, 08:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
Anne Chambers[_2_] Anne Chambers[_2_] is offline

Default Robinia

I have a pink Robinia (Robinia pseudo.decaisneana) tree, planted as a
seedling bought from a nursery about 10 years ago. Four years ago, a
smaller plant appeared about 2 m from the original tree (I'm not sure if
it was a seedling or a sucker from the original) and I let it grow.

'Junior' has flowered for the first time this year (it's now about 1.5 m
high, the original is about 5m) but the flowers are fragrant white,
whereas the original tree's flowers are a deep fragrant pink. Is this
usual ?

--
Anne Chambers
South Australia