Old 26-10-2008, 12:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Oh, as for gardening

On 10/25/08 9:58 AM, in article
, "Frank"
frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 10/24/08 6:08 PM, in article
, "Frank"
frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Plants are dead or dying from frost. As Gibbons said, "Time for the
meat course." I'm hunting.

Send some venison my way please.

A bout of achy knee and achy shoulder has kept me from doing my fall clean
up. Never did re-do the iris bed or weed out more garlic chives. I will go
cut the seed heads off and throw them on the "lawn".

Cheryl

My freezer's filling up and my adult sons have turned there nose up at
venison in the past but, now with current economy, their tastes are
changing.

The other day, I had a bowl of chestnut soup from my chestnuts and a
venison steak from doe contributor for lunch. Life could not be better.

Frank

I'm headed over. I'll have to punt on the soup (issues with nuts, pecans and
walnuts make my throat fill with mucus, but I test negative for "true
allergy" reactions, still avoid most tree nuts).

I'll make a tasty side dish of roasted root veggies.

Cheryl