Old 26-10-2008, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Newb, wants help picking some delightful smells

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:55:20 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

It is commonly known as Christmas Box, because it looks a bit like box
(buxux) and flowers just after Christmas.

Have seen my spelling mistake; buxus, not buxux.

For a summer hanging basket the surfinia "blue vein" is scented and
many callers at my door have noticed it.

A late summer flowering bulb is what I still call Acidanthera but
which is now known as gladiolus calianthus. It is just finishing now
but the flowers have a lovely scent.

If you have plenty of room for a spreading climber, plant clematis
armandii. It also flowers in winter/spring and is scented.

How many acres of garden do you have?

Pam in Bristol