Old 26-10-2008, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default I gotta lotty

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:29:00 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 06:17:08 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

AFAIK, all the Council sites here have taps, 1 between two plots.

Lucky you. We have 4 taps for 120 plots!

Luxury. We dream about water taps. Kids of today they'll not believe yer
though.

I remember about 50 years ago when I was young that someone delivered
water to the allotments in a tanker. I've no idea who arranged that
but I can still remember how much work was involved carrying water to
storage tanks on the allotments. The tanker could only pipe water to
the allotment nearest the road.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd http://www.NPSL1.com