Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Theo

Default [IBC] Advice needed on Plant Virus on a quince

Might be mildew molds if you water late in the evening and leaves have no time to
dry before night.. if is this one use a fogicide as for roses with a base of
cupper

Jim Lewis wrote:

I have a quince that has white speckles on the leaves that my

neighbor says is a virus.
Any suggestions on how to treat the plant appreciated.

I find no reference to any virus that affects quince -- Japanese
or Chinese. Does your neighbor have any credentials for his or
her diagnosis?

look with a loupe and try to explain it in more details
Theo

I'd suggest you take a few leaves into your county agricultural
extension office.

Is the plant otherwise healthy? Could it just be flyspecks?

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++