Old 26-10-2008, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] royj157@gmail.com is offline

Default Black Krim Tomato volunteer

I had a Black Krim tomato plant a year ago. This year a volunteer
tomato came up in my garden and managed to set a few fruits. This
being a very cool short summer it was pretty amazing. The variety was
that same Black Krim-- a Russian type that is unmistakable for any
other type. I am impressed with this plant and saved seeds this time
to give it a decent head start in 2009. It seems a better producer
than the much-touted Brandywine.
Wonder if other folks are growing tomatoes in cooler marginal
regions. Here, it is important to chose a type that says 72 days or
less. The 80 day tomatoes usually don't make it for us.