Old 26-10-2008, 09:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default heating the pond in winter

Copy this and move to above what Joe really wrote or delete entirely:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:07:47 EDT, San Diego Joe wrote:

Since I wish to reply to Joe I would delete below between the *****
*****
wrote:

I dont like bottom posting. I dont like to scroll down thru yards of previous
posts to get to a "me too" so mostly I delete posts where an answer is hidden
yonder at the bottom. I try to make sure it isnt necessary to reread
everything another person wrote to get at why I am replying.

*****
Top line moved here and add a :
On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:07:47 EDT, San Diego Joe wrote:

Bottom posting makes way more sense to me.
San Diego Joe

I delete all that Joe said leaving just enough so folks know what I'm
replying to plus his sig. if I've deleted the time, sig. auto stamp.

It isn't that hard to EDIT a post. The problem with bottom posting is
nothing is edited and I omg, diva that I am may have to scroll down to
see what the heck latest poster is replying to.

I fight this sometimes with my cybersisters, about not leaving enough of
what I said hours ago to know what their "Me Too" is referring to. ;-) And
that requires more than scrolling, but finding last e-mail perhaps among
many.

I've yet to see just a "Me Too" without more info posted since we changed
to moderated form. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us