Old 26-10-2008, 10:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default the week before Halloween

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:47:32 EDT, kathy wrote:

jan - I forgot to tell you I saw one of our bandit friends
flattened down on Columbia Drive... may he rest in pieces.
k :-)

Yes, I saw him, assuming he was the same one he was gone by afternoon.... I
wonder who picked him up and not the stinky skunk 12 feet away? (Course by
that time the skunk was pretty well grounded into the roadway.)

Back when I was a kid the Wildlife people told my dad that they could give
a pretty accurate count of the # of pheasants in an area by the # of road
kill/mile. I've seen a few Rocky's hit locally lately which by using the
same calculations means there are a whole lot more out there. And now
they're ripping thru nets!

And it didn't stop the visits here as the next night after seeing the Rocky
Roadkill I had digging in the yard. I have plans of extending the hot wire
when the vegetation dies back. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us