Old 27-10-2008, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default I gotta lotty

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:29:00 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 06:17:08 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

AFAIK, all the Council sites here have taps, 1 between two plots.

Lucky you. We have 4 taps for 120 plots!

Luxury. We dream about water taps. Kids of today they'll not believe yer
though.

We have no water supply and have to take or catch what we can, hence my
suggestion about water tanks. We got lucky this year when one of the
neighbouring houses had the fascia boards and guttering done on his garage,
and he got the contractors to feed one side of the guttering over the fence
into our plot, where we have now placed a tank underneath the spout.

Thusly -
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...t152008005.jpg

Good of him, don't you think?

Steve

#
It's something we've thought about if the land at the back of here was
turned into allotments - a tank could take the rain water from two
garage rooves and that'd be cheaper than having a water supply put in.
It'd have to be a big tank though to make it worthwhile. My gran used
to have a massive rain barrel - about 5-6ft I think that took rain
from the greenhouse roof.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk