Old 27-10-2008, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies[_2_] Emrys Davies[_2_] is offline

Default Removing a Tree

"mo" wrote in message
Say I dig aroudn the stump and cut the roots off - what is the best

way to
cut it when its below soil level - i wont have much space to work in -

dont fancy the idea of battering it away - i oculd probably do it with

an
axe but it sounds liek too much work!

I cannot think of a way of cutting it below ground level unless you dig
quite a big ditch around the trunk and use a chain saw. In which case
you need to make sure that no grit etc gets into the saw.

You will be amazed how easy it is to remove that trunk if you
methodically follow my instructions. I think that you will have it up
in about one hour, with a stop for tea thrown in.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.