Old 27-10-2008, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hedda Lettis Hedda Lettis is offline

Default NG is so quiet!

wrote in message
My garden is limited by being really very small. I just "did" a 12" x 48"
bed next
to our "sidewalk" and filled it with bulbs. In summer I will overplant
with arabis
that looks great over bulbs.
http://weloveteaching.com/landscape/10-25-2008.jpg
not much to see yet. I gotta find the mulch for it.

weekends are set to putting the gardens and fish "to bed". gotta drag my
figs into
the heated garage before the first freeze maybe tomorrow.

getting ready for Halloween today handing out organic suckers to kids
(tasty!) and
sugar free candy.

the elections have me so nervous I am eating carbs... desserts just to
calm my nerves
and ease the knot in my stomach. I have gone back to listening to
Olbermann and now
added Maddow and compulsively reading serveral newspapers and blogs. I
dont think I
could stand it if Obama didnt win. I had a hard time accepting Hilary
didnt get the
nomination. Happily all our money is in the 3 homes we own. One was
inherited and we
bought the other 2 low and arent selling. Housing prices where we live are
moderate
but stable. Our jobs are secure and even our renters have secure jobs.
Even tho
the urge to stop buying anything is strong I feel somebody in this economy
needs to
continue spending some money. So we go out to eat once a week as usual.
I buy
second hand on eBay. I am even going to adopt another dog that needs a
home from a
pound. Lots of people are turning them in when they lose their homes. We
will see
how it goes, if we can give our neighbor work (carpenter). Try to spread
whatever
extra we have around to hire people who have worked on our houses in the
past.

Ingrid

Shop Goodwill Stores. Keep the challenged working and save money. First
Saturday of the month everything is 50% off.

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:36:07 -0700 (PDT), Artful Dodger
wrote:
Hardly anybody posting. Is it the change in seasons? The advent of
(sob) the early dark? Or -- the elections?
I am so tense, I feel it affecting me not only psychologically, but
perhaps even physically.