Old 27-10-2008, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Withycombe[_2_] Tom Withycombe[_2_] is offline

Default a bit (OT) reading this newsgroup

In message
, Janet
writes
Help, from all of us on Demon. Since september we have been unable to
get on to this newsgroup via Demon servers. They are continously
unavailable to us and 'apparently' in the porcess of being fixed. They
were ideally asccessed via Turtnike Demon's own software.

However someone has reported many ISPs are pulling their support of
groups, mainly becasue they take up too much bandwidth etc.

Question:
I can get a new email address/server etc but using Thunderbird what
usenet server should i use? Most will allow you to read but not
post.

What do others use ? (other than those bound up with OE or dreadful
things such as AOL

Janet

For what it's worth I changed from Demon after14 or so years. W.e.f 01
April this year I switched to Zen and retained Turnpike (TP6.05U) which
works perfectly. I have an infinitely superior service with all the
newsgroups I used to enjoy.
--
Tom W.
Deepest Dorset