Old 28-10-2008, 07:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Watering Systems

We're considering installing a watering system since our garden area has
grown so large recently. Having studied the layout of the block, we've
decided where the pipes need to go, but which spigots to install for
which plants?

There are weepers and tricklers and sprays and sprinklers and... I dunno!

To my mind, you want to water the soil, not the foliage. Does that mean
only weepers or tricklers will do a decent job? What's the point of
putting in risers with sprays mounted at their tops? And how do you stop
the main pipes from twisting around so the spigotty-things stay put?

HELP! This is a serious post. Please don't joke until you've given me a
starting point!

Thanks, guys. ;-

--
Trish Brown {|:-}