Old 28-10-2008, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default Hunzas again

The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:50:39 -0000, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:

Unforget the Hunza thread?

At the time, I planted lots of hunza stones, no freezing beforehand.

Of around 60 planted, eight are showing, several at about half an inch.

Did you plant them in pots?

Plug-tray.

In greenhouse or outside?

Outside

I froze one lot and not the other but they are in pots outside in the
cold. I will look tomorrow but don't think there's any growth showing
yet. I wasn't expecting anything till Spring. I don't have a
greenhouse.

You shouldn't need a greenhouse. I just left the last lot outside in a
an ordinary seed tray, and most germinated. Unfortunately, I went away
for a few days in hot dry weather, and only one survived. This is now
about seven feet in height, underplanted with cranberries and occupying
a big planter..

Good luck with your Hunza plantation!

Well, hedge. But thanks.

--