Old 28-10-2008, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default a bit (OT) reading this newsgroup

The message
from Janet contains these words:

Help, from all of us on Demon. Since september we have been unable to
get on to this newsgroup via Demon servers. They are continously
unavailable to us and 'apparently' in the porcess of being fixed. They
were ideally asccessed via Turtnike Demon's own software.

However someone has reported many ISPs are pulling their support of
groups, mainly becasue they take up too much bandwidth etc.

Question:
I can get a new email address/server etc but using Thunderbird what
usenet server should i use? Most will allow you to read but not
post.

What do others use ? (other than those bound up with OE or dreadful
things such as AOL

Well, I use ZIMACS and have access to Zetnet's servers. Unfortunately,
you couldn't access them unless you decamped to Zetnet.

But I would point out that the Zetservers are safe, because the Zetgods
(or at least, the Chief Zetgod), are/is a Usenet man.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig