Old 10-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] UPDATE: Black Spots Chinese Elm

In a message dated 4/10/2003 5:31:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

. It seems pretty healthy but when I lifted a rock (for
design) I noticed 2 earthworms. Will the earthworms have

any ill effects
on
the tree?

Well, they are likely to leave goodies behind (or from the behind). );-)

Listen: I discovered worms in my pots over the years. Often, they appeared when pots were left on the ground in the early fall for winter storage under benches. I was unable to make a correlation between worms and a particular soil mixture. My observat
ion was that they would take up residency in both fast and slow draining mixes.

So, if you find the worms, remove them. If not, I doubt that you will incur a problem. After all, this would not be the first time worms have taken up residency with trees in nature.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

Michael