Old 28-10-2008, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default New flowering technique

Good one, Duncan! Next time, threaten it with abandonment first, LOL!

Diana

"Steve" wrote in message

Duncan Vincent wrote:
I just figured a new way to make reluctant bloomers spike. Just give it
away to someone else!! I had a Vulk. Robin Pittman "everglades" AM/aos
that just wouldnt flower. I told one of the vendors at our local show
he could have it in exchange for future consideration. After going home
to get it,while waiting for him to finish with a customer, I noticed a
new growth and right next to it was a spike starting. I gave up after 5
years, if I had only been patient for five more minutes......

That's pretty funny. :-)
I know plants bloom after you give them away but it usually takes a few
months, not 5 minutes!
Were you at all tempted to give another similar looking plant division
with a decoy tag to see if you could fool them for a while? :-)

Steve