Old 28-10-2008, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian Prideaux Ian Prideaux is offline

Default a bit (OT) reading this newsgroup

FarmI wrote:
"Janet" wrote in message

I can get a new email address/server etc but using Thunderbird

I would warn you to be very concerned about using Thunderbird. I have been
getting emails withattchments containing viruses and whenever I have done a
'properties' check on them, I notice that all come from Thunderbird users.
I have some doubts that the Thunderbird users know they are sending out
viruses but my killfile has hundreds of Thunderbird users in it now.

There's nothing wrong with TB, it's no more prone to viruses than any
other MUA/newsreader, and of course it's much better then Outlook, but
then everything is. Having said that, TB isn't the greatest newsreadin
in the world. You might be able to enhance it with addons, but I've
never bothered to look.

I'm not daft enough to run everything as
Administrator/super-user/unlimited-user, so I don't have much of a
problem with viruses. Even so, I do run the free version of Avast, just
in case.