Old 28-10-2008, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian Prideaux Ian Prideaux is offline

Default a bit (OT) reading this newsgroup

Sleepalot wrote:
Janet wrote:

Question:
I can get a new email address/server etc but using Thunderbird what
usenet server should i use?

My newsserver is nntp.aioe.org
It's a free, public newsserver, for text-only groups.

Yep, me too. It works fine, although it can sometimes slow down a bit.
But then, it's free so you don't expect an SLA.

I notice a lot of people have replied "I use XXX isp, so I use their
newsserver". Usually, if you're not a customer of XXX isp, then you
won't be able to use their newsservers.