Old 29-10-2008, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Withycombe[_2_] Tom Withycombe[_2_] is offline

Default a bit (OT) reading this newsgroup

In message , Alan
writes
In message
,
Janet wrote
On 28 Oct, 03:53, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Janet" wrote in message
I can get a new email address/server etc but using Thunderbird

I would warn you to be very concerned about using Thunderbird.

Oh bother, to say the least. I was only using it to access emails
separately on the laptop. Maybe I'll use soething lese but how you
would swt up Turnpike to accept emails and news etc other than demon,
I'll never know!
Besides Turnpike will only work on 1 machine unless you buy the
network one, I need Turnpike (which actaully, bless its little cotton
socks) is a brilliant no frills program generally.

Thanks for all the suggestions, not sure that zen and virgin are
newsservers?

I have universal licence copy of turnpike and it has worked with every
ISP I used. Its currently being used for this post using Freedom2Surf
servers and also configured for my two backup (pay as you go dial-up)
ISPs.

Turnpike universal licence was around £25 when I purchased it,
unfortunately it's now £199

BTW, I was with Demon for around 8 years until 2000 and left because of
their ongoing usenet server problems. Although having changed ISPs
again since then I found the Usenet servers from Freeserve, Claranet
and now F2S(Giga-news) far superior to the service from Demon. I
wouldn't recommend my current ISP (F2S) as it's been bought out since I
joined and the service isn't as good as it was 6 months ago.

I blv that OP had been with Demon for some years. If, like me, she had
got TP originally with the Demon Suite and upgraded it as far as TP6.05
(but no further), I believe it possible that she has a universal version
automatically. Easily checked by opening Connect - Help - About.
--
Tom W.
Deepest Dorset