Old 29-10-2008, 03:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default NG is so quiet!

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

The original bail out had millions for ACORN. The current one funnels money
to ACORN in lesser amounts.

Cite please

ACORN paid (yup paid) people to register - some claim to have done it
multiple times at the behest of ACORN employees.

Paying people to register voters is not unusual. It also explains the
sloppiness of the registrations. Here in California, a Republican voter
registration was lead by a man who isn't a resident of California (a
no-no). Petitions that are claimed to be aimed at predators of children,
have turned out to be Republican registration forms.

Again, ACORN flagged the obviously fraudulent registration forms but
they are legally bound to turn them in.

Gotta run.

Saw a guy on TV talking about this. Seems it is one thing to register
but showing up to vote includes some safe guards that stymies fraud.
The guy some political scientist from some university. Sorry for no
sources as I think the acorn issue is a non issue.

Concerning issues. Heard a quote from the man who helped with fiscal
issues 15 or 20 years ago.

³We need more civil and electrical engineers and less financial
engineers.³ Perhaps Paul Volker? SP?

Anyway the issue is infrastructure.

Bill

--