Old 29-10-2008, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New purple GM tomato

On Oct 29, 3:30 pm, Pam Moore wrote:
Yesterday a newly developed purple tomato hit the news. It has been
genetically modified with cells from antirrhinum, and has been shown
to be effective against cancer in mice.

I mentioned it to a friend in Australia and she sent me the following
web site.http://home.iprimus.com.au/ironbarkbob/seed/

The bit I noticed was the "Photo comp" item at the top left. Who was
it posted the freaky tomato? It might be worth sending in!
It also says "seed posted world wide" and "free postage".

Pam in Bristol

It was the JI who dunnit! Edward has friends who work there, it is a
big breakthrough, although it is still early days for human trials.

Judith