Old 30-10-2008, 12:49 PM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

Default Watering Systems

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
Great! Thanks, David! Sounds as though I might be needing drippers and/or
very short risers then. Part of my garden will be devoted to roses and I'm
historical about getting the foliage too wet and causing awful fungus to
take hold. Another part will be for shorter annuals and

You could try laying bluestone around the roses - the roses' roots will be
attracted to the dark moist underneath the rocks.

Laying on a layer of thick mulch will also help.

I haven't been watering my garden much this year - and the roses look top
notch - no blackspot.