Old 30-10-2008, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] charles@notvalid.net is offline

Default Late Night Gardening

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:46:09 -0000, "mo" wrote:

I do have a flat roofed shed that i can put the light on - which is ideal

i guess it comes down to whether i need 1 500w light or 2.

Is the screfix £15 adjustable so you can have the lights facing slightly
outwards ?

Mo, I have some experience with working under a floodlight in the
garden and I can tell you that it is positively dangerous. One of
these lights creates intense light and very dark shadows. If you work
with your back to it, your own shadow obscures anything that you are
doing and you could end up putting a fork through your foot - or
something equally painful.
You really need at least two lights, well spaced so that they fill in
each others' shadows. They do not need to be more than 300w each.