Old 10-04-2003, 02:56 PM
LeeAnne

Default Tree Suggestions?

Hi all,

We are having 2 large old oak trees taken out of our yard today :-( I will
miss them dearly. One is very close to our house and the other leans toward
the house & has some rot on the bottom and that is why they are being
removed.

I'm in Zone 5, about 20 miles north of Boston and I'm looking for pretty
tree suggestions -- maybe something w/some type of berry on it (aren't there
trees that have berries in the winter?). Something that will attract
different birds or interest the ones I already have even more. The front
yard will look so empty w/o a tree in it, I need to replace it w/something.
Also need to give the birds good cover and a safe place to go to from the
bird feeder that's already in the front yard.

Also, maybe something that doesn't grow to gigantic proportions?

I'm going to post this to rec.birds too and see what they have to say.

--
------
If you're an insomniac, agnostic, dyslexic do you lay