Old 31-10-2008, 04:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default garlic

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

The Cook wrote:

I just
used some from Costco. I figure that it is a good as mail order and I
doubt that what the nurseries around here have is actually "local"
garlic.

The Costco stuff is more than likely from China, which grows a lot of
really cheap garlic. Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a 3.05 meter
pole, because of the possibility of soil-borne nasties. But, it's probably
better than planting nothing.
Half the fun of this is networking with other like-minded loonies;
preferably fairly local (though the Net has greatly expanded "local").

lol Ain't that the truth!

Grocery store garlic has always worked for me, including elephant
garlic. ;-d

Great roasted.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama