Old 01-11-2008, 09:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default garlic

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
kate wrote:

Guess I'm boring. I went to Whole Foods and planted whatever the organic
garlic they have is.

That works fine, but you have to hope it is a type suited to your local
conditions. At least, use your own best bulbs for planting stock in the
future, since garlic adapts.

A mate of mine has grown garlic for years and, as he termed it, slowly
developed garlic suited to his micro climate. I am in my third crop of
garlic and hoping over the years the crop will get better and better as I
harvest and replant the very best stock.

rob