Old 01-11-2008, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Lemon tree

"jellybean stonerfish" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:27:47 -0500, Dioclese wrote:

History. Grew the lemon tree from seed.

Ok, let it grow, and see what kind of fruit you get. Prolly not the same
type of lemon as the one that gave you the seed.

sf

For some reason, replies are predominantly focused on the eventual fruit of
such a tree. I made no such statement or anything that would lead the
reader to think that.

You've been misled either by assumption, or, the prevous replier. My
primary interest is the "smallness" of the tree at maturity presenting
enough shade to the front of the house. The front of the house faces south
and has very limited frontal planting area between the house and the fence
in front. I'm looking for shade primarily in the summer as the front porch
get quite hot. Winter is nice though facing south. I assume the lemon tree
will be successful growing here as my grandma had an orange tree in her
backyard some 20 years that I remember. She lived 90 miles south of here.
--
Dave

If it looks like fish, smells like fish, its not
a cantaloupe.