Old 01-11-2008, 05:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ExPat ExPat is offline

Default kawasaki FC540V question

On Nov 1, 12:12*pm, John Smith wrote:
On Nov 1, 10:52*am, "EXT" wrote:

Got a large adjustable wrench? Set it to fit over the flats of the nut,
remove and measure with a metric ruler. That should give you the size of
socket to buy.

"rb" wrote in ....
Got an unusal situation I need help on.

Taking the flywheel off a Kawasaki FC540V. It's on a GT 275. The nut on
there is over an inch. My sockets go up to 1". I'm not sure how big I need
to go to get one that will fit it.

Went into John Deere, and see the p/n is M70119. Thought maybe that would
tell me nut size.

JD doesn't have that size spec anywhere. What they say they'll do is send
someone over to the warehouse tomorrow or Monday, take the actual
measurement, and call my dealer back. In other words, until I hear
something, it's a no go for me.

If anyone has worked on that and has the right size, I'd appreciate
knowing what it is.- Hide quoted text -

What bothers me, if this individual can not figure out what size the
nut is, does he expect to simply remove that nut and expect the "fan"
more correctly called a flywheel, to siplylift off that crankshaft
end? Or will he use a crowbar and pry it off, two screwdrivers under
it and pry, and then ask how does he repair an aluminumn block with a
hole in it or straighten out a bent crankshaft on a
FC540V..........Such a simple thing tomeasure a nut has him stumped
yet he is wanting to tear into this engine is a disaster waiting to
happen.- Hide quoted text -

Since this engine is metric make sure yo uuse a metric adjustable
wrench on it so you get a precise emasurement! bwaaaaaa hahahahaha