Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Russian Vine

"'Mike'" wrote in message

One question. Why have you got one?

Mike
Keep that hoe going after you have cut ALL stems ;-)

It crept in from further down the row of gardens behind - not quite sure
where it originated as it seems to be going/coming in/from all
directions!

They`re very pretty in the right place but not invading a smallish garden
(or three).

Pat

Pat I quite agree with you. In a small garden a nightmare :-((

You can only attack it and knock it out every time it appears.

I missed the original post but here is a method that can be used where you
don't want to spray.
First put on rubber gloves and then cotton gloves over them. Soak the
cotton layer with Roundup or other weedkiller and then wipe the offending
plant. This will also work if you are trying to get rid of quack grass in
your flower beds.
Graam