Old 01-11-2008, 11:59 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.arts.tv,alt.atheism,rec.boats.cruising
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Obama as president: The Commander and Thief

June,
I do not dispute your observations, but they are too superficial and
incomplete. First there are no successful government supplied health
systems....anywhere. They are all bankrupt and unaffordable. Secondly, you
may shop at K Mart, but you would not do that for your health. The free
health care these systems offer are less than adequate. The treatments
offered are subject to cost and limited to only those approved by the
government. Do you think it is OK to limit procedures based on age? It
happens. Of course there should be universal health care, but it must be
based on affordability, efficiency and offered quality. The plans offered
are not even close. They are in fact, pie in the sky. Change is great. We
certainly need it, but only if it adds value.

Please ask yourself why we pay such a high rate of tax. Are you aware of the
percentage of our taxes that are used just for the maintenance of our
federal debt? How about state, county or city debt? This debt has been
created by selfish, irresponsible lawmakers we voted in. Look at your own
debt. Consider the cost of interest you are paying for your mortgage, your
car and your credit cards. What percentage of your income do you pay for
debt maintenance? Both the American Government and the American population
have been and still is, living beyond their means. Please address that
problem.

Before you criticize the war efforts and their cost, please realize the cost
of losing our financial stability by attacks on our financial system or our
currency. Our national strength and in fact, our entire way of life is at
stake. You cannot see these problems because our media is restricting this
critical information by exclusion. You live in the States and are oblivious
to this. I live in Europe at the moment and in Asia before this. I get to
see the difference, you don't. Please notice that I have not asked you to
vote either way, that is your business. Neither candidate can fix this. It
may not be fixable. This problem will only get worse with time. Each one of
us must change the way we do business and force common sense onto our
leadership by voting for common sense and fiscal responsibility, not free
lunch. This is not a time to let emotion override logic.
Steve