Old 01-11-2008, 10:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Wow! It got cold here

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 10:11:18 EDT, kathy wrote:

Only thing, so far, to succumb to cold temperatures
is my basil. We still have some buggies flying around.
Rain today, luckily cleared up by trick or treating time.
Gorgeous leaves and still on the trees, very unusual
for us this time of year.

k :-)

And I'm still waiting for the cannas to be completely knocked down by
frost, Stilllllll waiting. They've been singed, but not enough. Last
weekend I brought in the taro.... and a host of aphids apparently. I did
not debug them and now I see how well my debugging has worked in the past.
I'll probably use some in-home safe stuff on them if they get real bad. I'm
thinking tenting them with plastic and a bug strip within perhaps?

Still need to put the koi ponds on the slowest flow, but would like to take
the mower thru there one last time, as the slow flow tube cuts across the
grass. Unfortunately this weekend has gone the drippy route, so it will
have to wait. Fish are still cruising, temp just below 50F, so they're fine
with the waterfall running for now. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us