Old 02-11-2008, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default garlic

June wrote:

I planted some Kettle River Giant garlic yesterday. The soil was
pretty good but I still mixed in a few inches of mushroom compost.

Please post how it does for you next summer. I grow it, but between my
indifferent care, and a climate a good deal colder than the Pacific
Northwest, it's not a great performer for me. Loicano, a softneck I got
from a friend at the Seed Saver's Exchange meet a few years ago, does
better here. I grow mostly hardnecks.