Old 02-11-2008, 02:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Which is better for the lawn over the winter?

"Lawn Guy" wrote in message ...
wrote:

If you let the leaves stay on the lawn where they fall, you'll
quickly have dead grass. Leaves fall while the grass is still
actively growing.

And depending on what kind of tree, if the leaves have anything nasty on
them (maple black spot, etc) they by not raking and removing, you're
promoting that stuff to return to the tree next spring.

My city has 2 leaf collection periods where bagged leaves are picked up
at the curb. Even if it's 10 or 20 (well-packed) bags.

Lazy people will leave them where they land. Slightly less lazy people
will run over them with a lawn mower. People that want healthy lawn and
trees will bag them and get them the hell outa there.

The premise (which I think is not valid) is that all people are under the
notion that removing the leaves is the best solution for a healthy and green
lawn and rees. Therefore (based on the premise), for everyone anything less
than that is an exhibition of some degree of laziness toward that solution.

If you had said, in my opinion (state premise). Therefore, in my opinion
(state conclusion). There's no room to disagree, its your opinion.
--
Dave

If it looks like fish, smells like fish, its not
a cantaloupe.