Old 02-11-2008, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Receiving this newsgroup

In message , David Rance
writes
While I seem to be able to post to this newsgroup I haven't been able
to receive any articles for a couple of months now and this seems
entirely due to the Demon news server. Demon say they are aware of the
problem but don't appear to have done anything about it. I think maybe
they are trying to get rid of individual customers like me in favour of
corporate accounts (just look at their online newsletter - it's aimed
exclusively at businesses). I've been with them thirteen years and
uk.rec.gardening was the first newsgroup I ever posted to so I'm rather
missing it! Interestingly I can receive newsgroups that Demon
themselves sponsor but nothing else.

Please forgive this rant but I am feeling fed up with Demon to whom I
have been loyal for a very long time. And if you answer this thread I
won't be able to see it! :-(

...unless you are also on Demon, which I am.

But I just wondered how many others who have Demon as ISP are no longer
able to receive this newsgroup.

David

No-one on Demon can see any Newsgroup other than those hosted on Demon -
I am not even sure how I have come to see your post, unless it is
because you are also on Demon Hence I am guessing you may see this
reply.

For the whole sorry saga go to newsgroup demon.service

I first joined Demon in the early 90s when Windows For Workgroups was
around. Like most other private users I am now coming to the conclusion
it's time to move on. The old familiar story of British entrepreneurial
initiative being suffocated by the corporate suites.
--
hugh