Old 02-11-2008, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Receiving this newsgroup

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 hugh wrote:

But I just wondered how many others who have Demon as ISP are no
longer able to receive this newsgroup.

No-one on Demon can see any Newsgroup other than those hosted on Demon
- I am not even sure how I have come to see your post, unless it is
because you are also on Demon Hence I am guessing you may see this reply.

Indeed, I did.

For the whole sorry saga go to newsgroup demon.service

Ah, so that's where I can read about it. I'll do that

I first joined Demon in the early 90s when Windows For Workgroups was
around. Like most other private users I am now coming to the conclusion
it's time to move on. The old familiar story of British entrepreneurial
initiative being suffocated by the corporate suites.

It's such a shame! Demon was the ISP that first made the Internet cheap
for people in the UK.

Best wishes, David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk