Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Wow! It got cold here

The other morning Jo Ann in Mobile told me it dropped below zero down there. We had
it only dip to 34. No killing frosts yet.

However, I did get the pond finally winterized yesterday. This year the veggie
filter is where the lily was (in the sun) and has a ginormous chunk of water celery
in a big square storage container. yesterday the pond temp was 42, I will see how
warm it is without a heater. then add the heater. the solar thing hasnt been tested
yet. Ingrid