Old 02-11-2008, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.arts.tv,alt.atheism,rec.boats.cruising
Tom Tom is offline

Default Obama as president: The Commander and Thief

On Nov 2, 9:15*am, Douglas Berry
wrote:
On *Sun, 02 Nov 2008 00:12:25 -0400 Marty carved the
following into the hard stone of alt.atheism

Tom wrote:

It's truly sad so many are afraid of smart people.

Huzzah! *I want intellectually elite people to run the country!

John Cleese was on Countdown the other night, and he said that he
didn't want a President he could have a beer with, he wanted a
Pressident so brilliant, so well-informed, that Cleese would be afraid
to open his mouth for fear of showing what an idiot he is.

Watch it yourself, seeing John Cleese doubled over in laughter is
great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUnGfYvXMwg
--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a
stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as
good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein

I saw that, too.

Cleese is pretty smart himself, so coming from him, I think he lends a
lot of credibility to smartest guy in the room point of view.

Thanks for the link. It was fun watching again.

Tom