Old 02-11-2008, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Receiving this newsgroup

Stephen Wolstenholme writes
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 12:17:18 +0000, David Rance
wrote:

Please forgive this rant but I am feeling fed up with Demon to whom I
have been loyal for a very long time. And if you answer this thread I
won't be able to see it! :-( But I just wondered how many others who
have Demon as ISP are no longer able to receive this newsgroup.

David

I'm using Demon and can see this newsgroup. The main difference is
that I am also using lots of other Usenet providers at the same time!

There are many free news servers so you don't have to depend on Demon.

If you are thinking of leaving Demon it's worth noting that they
provide very, very reliable connectivity. It just their news server
that is unreliable.

I'm on demon, but getting news via Motzarella, thanks to the thread
which Janet started on this problem, which I saw via gardenbanter -
thanks Janet, and to whoever suggested motzarella

I've also emailed Demon about it, in the hope that if enough people
complain, they might realise they still have a user base for usenet.
--
Kay