Old 02-11-2008, 09:53 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.arts.tv,alt.atheism,rec.boats.cruising
Jan[_4_] Jan[_4_] is offline

Default Obama as president: The Commander and Thief

"Steve Lusardi" skrev i melding
My claim comes from 25 years of personal experience. I have lived and
worked all over Europe and I am telling you public health IS a failure
everywhere. Your opinion is based on what? Perhaps books, magazines, TV or
was it some idealist talking trash. Please note my previous comment about
the American biased media. You are being sucked in. Come over here and
experiece the failure yourself. Pay the 55% tax, experience the waiting
lines or the denial of treatment or a drug, because it isn't approved.
Watch your neighbor suffer for a year or more because there is no room in
your designated hospital or die because the appropriate treatment is too
expensive for a person of age. Public health is not the solution for
universal health. This lesson has been learned.
Steve

I suggest that you never lived in Europe, or that your memory is failing
you.
I live in Norway, my annual income is around $ 100 000.
The tax I pay is around 30%, this is including health insurance and pension.
If I visit my doctor I pay a small fee, as I also do for medicine,
but expences exciding $200 a year are free. Hospital is free, you may have
to wait a few weeks depending on your illness. My mother who is
85 waited 4 weeks for a hip operation, which of course war free, as was 4
weeks in a nursing home after the operation.
When I retire I will get a pension of £35 000 per year, not so much, but as
we have progessiv taxasion the tax will be low.
Of course if you want additional and privat insurance or pension that is up
to you.
I think we are in line with most European countries, I have not heard
anything near to your story. Even former Eastern Europe had a good and free
health care.
And as this also is a cruising NG that I follow, I will mention that i have
a sailboat, Kelt 850.
Jan